The Keg Kit for Brewhaus' Essential Extractor Gin Series Distiller is a moonshine still kit that comes with the necessary equipment for distilling water, essential oils, fuel alcohol, moonshine, whisky, vodka, gin, or other flavor-infused spirits. It is made to attach directly to the top of a US, standard-sized beer keg (not included).
Our Essential Extractor Gin Series Keg Kit can perform pot distillation, reflux distillation, and can also be run in "gin mode." Gin mode occurs when you run the moonshine still as a reflux column with the gin basket in place at the top of the column between the cooling lines and the condenser. This allows only the purest vapor that has completed the reflux cycle to pass through the botanicals in the gin basket, resulting in a better flavoring. When run in reflux mode, it is a forced reflux still that features the Pro Series' Cooling System, which utilizes crossed cooling lines at the top for efficient cooling during reflux distillation, resulting in a cleaner distillate. Learn more about the design of this forced reflux still here. When run in pot mode, only attach two sections of the column to the keg. Pot distilling is for products that you want to keep as much flavor that was produced during fermentation as possible, such as whisky, rum, schnapps, brandy, etc.
- Runs in gin mode, reflux mode, and pot distillation mode
- 2" in diameter
- Made of dairy grade Stainless Steel beverage tubing
- Can be packed with either copper mesh for beverage-grade alcohol or ceramic Raschig rings for essential oils
- 4-piece stainless steel column (gin basket, condenser, dephlegmator, column)
- 4 stainless steel tri-clamps
- 4 EPDM chemical tolerant gaskets
- 1 EPDM chemical tolerant O-ring for direct keg attachment
- Hoses with hose clamps
- Submersible pump
- Water control system
- Your choice of column packing
- Pure tan gum bung
- Your choice of thermometer
- For column packing, choose the ceramic raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils, and copper mesh for distilling alcohol.
- If you don't like the bung, choose one of the Solar Digital thermometers as your thermometer upgrade. This comes with an end cap with 1/2" coupling that the thermometer screws into at the top of the column, getting rid of the bung completely.
*Most parts are laser welded. For information on the benefits of laser welding click here.