The Essential Extractor Pro Series II Keg Kit includes all of the items in our Complete Unit, except for the kettle. It comes with an O-ring to connect it to a US, standard-sized beer keg. This versatile column is 2" in diameter and can be run in pot distillation mode (for making moonshine, whisky, brandy, rum, schnapps, water and essential oils) or reflux distillation mode (for distilling fuel alcohol or a high-proof, neutral spirit such as vodka).
The full-sized, 2-piece column is used for reflux distillation. For pot distillation, only the top section of the column is used, connecting it directly to your pot, kettle, or beer keg. This complete distillation unit that can be used as a moonshine still, alcohol still, essential oil still, and more. Choose between Ceramic Raschig Rings or Copper Mesh for your column packing, based on your desired output.
About the Pro Series' Cooling System:
Brewhaus' Essential Extractor series columns were all designed by Rick Morris, author of "The Joy of Home Distilling". He chose to place the cooling lines near the top of the distillation column in order to create reflux where it is intended, at the top of the tower. This allows for the most effective use of the column filling by causing the refluxed liquid to flow down through it, resulting in a cleaner distillate. Crossing the cooling lines instead of leaving them parallel results in a much more efficient cooling system, requiring less cooling water while maintaining effectiveness. And, by having the cooling system in direct contact with the rising vapor you achieve a far more efficient and effective cooling than systems that surround a column with a cooling water jacket. The slow heat transfer rate through the thick column wall is much less efficient, and concentrates all of the cooling ability around the outside of the column. The result of jacketed columns is liquid channeling down the walls of the column, while not cooling the majority of the vapor as it is not in contact with the column wall. While such a system may operate faster, it is at the expense of quality. Learn more about the design of this forced reflux still here.
- Runs in reflux mode or pot distillation mode
- 2" in diameter
- Made of dairy grade Stainless Steel beverage tubing
- Can be packed with either copper mesh for distilling alcohol, or ceramic Raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils
- 2 piece distillation column for use as a reflux column or pot distillation column
- 2 stainless steel tri-clamps
- 2 EPDM chemical tolerant gaskets
- 1 O-ring for attaching to a standard US beer keg
- Hoses with hose clamps
- Brass hose fitting
- Submersible pump
- Water control system
- Your choice of column packing
- Pure tan gum bung
- Your choice of thermometer
- For column packing, choose the ceramic raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils, and copper mesh for distilling alcohol.
- If you don't want a bung, choose one of the Solar Digital Kits for your thermometer upgrade (above). It comes with an end cap & 1/2" coupling that the thermometer screws into at the top of the column, so no bung at all!
*Most parts are laser welded. For information on the benefits of laser welding click here.