- 115g sachet (4 oz)
- Each sachet yields 6.6 US Gallons (25L)
- Best for small batch fermentation
Prestige 8kg Turbo Alcohol Yeast produces less volatiles and ferments up to 18% - sometimes 20% or greater. The 8kg Turbo Yeast is not considered extremely temperature-tolerant, therefore it is best to keep the ambient temperature below 80 degrees.
Guidelines for Use:
- For maximum alcohol and best quality- Ferment for 10-14 days at between 19-23°C (66-73°F) air temperature.
- For maximum speed - Ferment for 5 days at between 24-27°C (75-80°F). Yeast will die above 27°C (80°F) air temperature.
- NEVER make more than 25 liters (approx 6.5 gallons) in one batch with 8kg Turbo Yeast.
1. Pour 8kg (17.75lbs) sugar or 8.8kg (19.5lbs.) dextrose into 8 liters (2 Imperial gallons, 9 US quarts) of very hot water. Keep stirring until you are sure all the sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Top up to 25 liters (6.5 gallons, 26.5 US quarts) with cold water then stir for 30 seconds.
3. Make sure the temperature is below 30°C (86°F) before adding the contents of yeast sachet. Stir for 1 minute.
4. To speed cooling, ice can be added in place of a portion of the cold water, or you may add sealed containers of ice prior to adding the yeast.
Ingredients: Active Dried Yeast, Teast Nutrients (Ammoniumphosphate (dibasic), Magnesium Sulfate), Trace Vitamins and Minerals