- 62g sachet (2.2 oz)
- Each sachet yields 6.6 US Gallons (25L)
- Best for small batch fermentations with molasses
Prestige Rum Turbo Yeast is a special yeast strain and mineral / nutrient / vitamin mixture adapted specifically for pure molasses fermentation. Due to the high osmotic pressure of molasses, it is not advised to ferment above 10-11% abv when using only diluted molasses.
Guidelines for Use:
NEVER make more than 25 liters (approx 6.5 gallons) in one batch with Prestige RumTurbo Yeast.
Directions when using molasses only:
1. Put 6.4kg (14.1 lbs) molasses into a 25L (6.5 gallon) fermenter and add 5 liters (1.3 gallons, 5.3 US quarts) of boiling water. Stir until dissolved.
2. Top up to 25 liters (6.5 gallons, 26.5 US quarts) with cold water before adding Rum Turbo Yeast. Stir until fully mixed.
3. Start gravity should be around 1.140 and finish 1.055 - 1.060 to yield 11% abv.
Directions when using blend of molasses with sugar for extra strength:
1. Put 5 liters of boiling water into a 25L fermenter together with 5kg of sugar (either refined or unrefined). Stir until dissolved.
2. Add 2kg (4.4 lbs) molasses. Stir until dissolved.
3. Top up to 25 liters (6.5 gallons, 26.5 US quarts) with cold water before adding Rum Turbo Yeast. Stir until fully mixed.
4. Start gravity should be around 1.100 and finish 1.000 - 1.005 to yield 15% abv.
Ingredients: Active Dried Yeast, Yeast Nutrients, Trace Vitamins and Minerals