- 23g sachet (0.81 oz)
- Each sachet yields 6.6 US Gallons (25L)
- Best for grain batches
Whisky Yeast with AG is a real distillery whisky yeast with Amyloglucosidase, and is used in some of the finest whisky distilleries in the world. Whisky Yeast contains no nutrients, and is intended for grain mash fermentation.
Ian Smiley, author of the book Making Pure Corn Whiskey, tested the yeast and says it's the best whiskey yeast he ever tried, and that it adds great value to the taste. This yeast is absolutely essential in the making of top quality whisky without the use of essences.
Guidelines for Use:
- This formulation is made up of a commercial distillery yeast strain with amyloglucosidase, an enzyme used to break down non-fermtable sugars to fermentable sugars in corn and grain mashes. It ferments extremely efficiently, improving yield.
- To avoid contamination, no starter culture is necessary.
1. Sprinkle Prestige Whisky Turbo Yeast yeast on the surface of room temperature mash.
2. Wait 15 minutes, then stir into mash.
Ingredients: Active Dried Yeast / Amyloglucosidase