- 175g sachet (6.2 oz)
- Each sachet yields 6.6 US Gallons (25L)
- Certified Kosher (Pareve)
- Urea Free
High Spirits Turbo 48 will ferment to 14% in approximately 48 hours, or up to 18% in 5-7 days, just like other 48-hour turbo yeasts. What sets High Spirits Turbo 48 apart from other yeasts is that High Spirits does NOT contain Urea (using Urea in fermentation can increase production of ethyl carbamate, which is is known to cause cancer). Using Urea in beverage-grade fermentation is even against the law in some countries because of these health risks.
High Spirit Turbo 48's combination of a very high-temperature-tolerant (to over 100F!), neutral fermenting yeast and a special blend of minerals, vitamins, and nutrients offer the purest fermentation of any turbo yeast available. Produced in our Texas warehouse right here in the USA, High Spirits Turbo 48 Yeast is both fresh and affordable.
Guidelines for Use:
13lbs (6kg) sugar = 14% abv in 2 days 17lbs (7.6kg) sugar = 18% abv in 5-7 days
1. In an 8 gallon (30L) or larger fermenter, dissolve 13-17lbs (6-7.6kg) of granulated sugar into 2 gallons of hot water. Ensure that sugar is completely dissolved before continuing.
2. Using ice, cold, or hot water, top up to 6.6 gallons (25L) to obtain a liquid temperature of 95F (35C). Do not add turbo yeast until liquid temperature is at or below 95F (35C).
3. Add contents of package, stirring vigorously for 2 minutes or until contents are fully dissolved. Never re-hydrate turbo yeast in less that the full volume of liquid as it can kill the yeast.
4. Cover fermenter with a lid and airlock.
5. Allow to ferment at 86-100F (30-38C) for 2-7 days, or until complete.
Ingredients: Specially Selected Yeast, Yeast Nutrients (Ammonium Phosphate(Dibasic), Magnesium Sulfate), Trace Vitamins And Minerals