The Keg Kit for our Essential Extractor PSII High Capacity Distiller includes all of the items in our Complete Unit, with a Keg Adapter (including clamp and o-ring for keg) in place of our kettle. The high-capacity column is 3" in diameter, allowing you to distill at more than twice the speed of standard 2" distillation columns while maintaining the highest possible purity.
Brewhaus' Essential Extractor Pro Series II High Capacity column features a unique 2-piece design that enables the distiller to perform either pot distillation or reflux distillation. Use the full-length, 2-piece column for reflux mode (e.g., fuel alcohol, vodka), or just use one column section for pot mode (e.g., essential oils, whisky, water).
About the Pro Series' Cooling System:
By placing the cooling lines near the top of the distillation column, reflux is created where it is intended- at the top of the tower. This allows for the most effective use of the column filling by causing the refluxed liquid to flow down through it, resulting in a cleaner distillate. Crossing the cooling lines instead of leaving them parallel results in a much more efficient cooling system, requiring less cooling water while maintaining effectiveness. And, by having the cooling system in direct contact with the rising vapor you achieve a far more efficient and effective cooling than systems that surround a column with a cooling water jacket. The slow heat transfer rate through the thick column wall is much less efficient, and concentrates all of the cooling ability around the outside of the distiller column. The result of jacketed columns is liquid channeling down the walls of the column, while not cooling the majority of the vapor as it is not in contact with the column wall. While such a system may operate faster, it is at the expense of quality. Learn more about the design of this forced reflux still here.
- Runs in reflux mode or pot distillation mode
- 3" in diameter, making it capable of distilling at more than twice the speed of standard 2" columns
- Approx 4' total height
- Made of dairy grade Stainless Steel beverage tubing
- Can be packed with either copper mesh for distilling alcohol, or ceramic Raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils
- Can be attached to a standard-sized beer keg
- 2 piece distillation column for use as a reflux column or pot distillation column
- 2 stainless steel tri-clamps
- 2 EPDM chemical tolerant gaskets
- Tri-Clamp reducer with corresponding clamp and o-ring for keg
- Hoses with hose clamps
- Submersible pump
- Water control system
- Your choice of column packing
- Pure tan gum bung
- Your choice of thermometer
*Most parts are laser welded. For information on the benefits of laser welding click here.