The Still HeaterTM is specially made for use in distillers or moonshine stills. The cartridge style has 50% more surface area than standard tubular elements, reducing watt density and lowering the risk of scorching. Highly corrosion resistant, Brewhaus Still HeatersTM also come with a Teflon gasket, eliminating the need for Teflon tape.
The 1" NPT fitting fits the standard coupling type added to most moonshine still kettles. Most water heater elements use a NPS fitting, which does not fit securely into a NPT coupling.
If you don't have a coupling installed in your kettle, you can drill a hole in the side of your kettle and add the Stainless Steel Nut & Gasket add-on (above). Insert the Still HeaterTM into the hole and screw it into the nut on the inside. Once firmly screwed in, the gaskets will create a seal around the kettle, and you're ready to go. No welding required.
- Made of type 316 stainless steel
- Heater: 12"
- Power cord: 16"
- Always place your kettle on a heat tolerant surface when heating.
- A 2" distillation column requires one Still HeaterTM regardless of whether you are using an 8-gallon or 15-gallon kettle.
- A 3" column with an 8 gallon kettle requires one Still HeaterTM. A 3" column with a 15 gallon kettle may require 2 Still HeatersTM to bring it to a boil and then cut to one Still HeaterTM during distillation.
- A 4" column with a 15-gallon kettle may require 2 or 3 Still HeatersTM, depending on additional factors.