8 Gallon Keg Essential Extractor PSII High Capacity Complete Moonshine Still
Market price: $709.99, you save $70.00
Free Shipping in the continental USA
In Stock. Ships in 2-3 days.
- Essential Extractor PSII High Capacity Moonshine Still Column
- Stainless Steel Keg- 15 Gallon
- Hose Pack for High Capacity
- Water Control System
- Submersible Water Pump
- 3" to 2" Tri-Clamp Adapter
- 2'' Tri-Clamp
- Stainless Steel Nut & Gasket for StillHeater
Our High Capacity Pro Series II unit uses a larger column than our standard Pro Series II unit, with increased cooling capability and an extended condenser to ensure efficient operation with the increased distillate volume. Brewhaus' High Capacity unit is capable of distilling at more than twice the speed of standard 2" distillation units while maintaining exceptionally high purity. Because of the size of this unit, more input heat is required (minimum of 1500W or use of gas heat recommended).
The column for our this unit is the very same that we supply to small-scale distilleries and for use as a laboratory unit in large distilleries. No other increased size column available to the home user has this background! Our Essential Extractor PSII High Capacity Distiller can be used as an alcohol still, moonshine still, essential oil still, and more because it utilizes a 2-piece column that allows you to distill in two different ways, depending on how you configure it. Use the full-length, 2-piece column for reflux distillation, or simply attach the top piece of the column directly to your kettle to run it as a pot still.
About the Pro Series' Cooling System:
Just as with our standard Pro Series II system, the Essential Extractor Pro Series II High Capacity is a reflux distillation unit incorporating our Pro Series Cooling System and a 2-piece column for the greatest versatility. By placing the cooling lines near the top of the distillation column, reflux is created where it is intended- at the top of the tower. This allows for the most effective use of the column filling by causing the refluxed liquid to flow down through it, resulting in a cleaner distillate. Crossing the cooling lines instead of leaving them parallel results in a much more efficient cooling system, requiring less cooling water while maintaining effectiveness. And, by having the cooling system in direct contact with the rising vapor you achieve a far more efficient and effective cooling than systems that surround a column with a cooling water jacket. The slow heat transfer rate through the thick column wall is much less efficient, and concentrates all of the cooling ability around the outside of the column. The result of jacketed columns is liquid channeling down the walls of the column, while not cooling the majority of the vapor as it is not in contact with the column wall. While such a system may operate faster, it is at the expense of quality. Learn more about the design of thisforced reflux still here.
- Runs in reflux mode or pot distillation mode
- 3" in diameter, making it capable of distilling at more than twice the speed of standard 2" columns
- Over 4' in total height
- Made of dairy grade Stainless Steel beverage tubing
- Tri-Clamp ferrule on top of column
- Can be packed with either copper mesh for distilling alcohol, or ceramic Raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils
- Stainless steel kettle
- 2-piece, 3" distillation column for use as a reflux column or pot distillation column
- 2 stainless steel tri-clamps
- 2 EPDM chemical tolerant gaskets
- Hoses with hose clamps
- Submersible pump
- Water control system
- Your choice of column packing
- Pure tan gum bung
- Your choice of thermometer
- To heat this unit with an 8-gallon kettle, either one internal heating element or a propane cooker is sufficient.
- To heat this unit with a 15-gallon kettle, either two band heaters or two internal heating elements are recommended (or one of each).
- For column packing, choose the ceramic raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils, and copper mesh for distilling alcohol.
- If you don't like the bung, choose one of the Solar Digital thermometers as your thermometer upgrade. This comes with an end cap with 1/2" coupling that the thermometer screws into at the top of the column, getting rid of the bung completely.
*Most parts are laser welded. For information on the benefits of laser welding click here.
|Default Coupling Placement|
|# of Couplings||Placement (to center from bottom)|
|8 Gallon||15 Gallon|
|1 Coupling||Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom||Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom|
|2 Couplings||Drain- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom||Drain- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom|
|Heater- Side of kettle, 2" from bottom||Heater- Side of kettle, 5" from bottom|
|3 Couplings||Drain- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom||Drain- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom|
|Heater- Side of kettle, 5" from bottom||Heater- Side of kettle, 5" from bottom|
|Heater- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom||Heater- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom|
Type of SystemComplete
Type of DistillationReflux, Pot
Column Length46" - 50"
Gin BasketNot Compatible
Kettle Size8 Gallon
Column PackingCopper Mesh (4), Raschig Rings (5L)
ThermometerLaboratory Thermometer, Digital Thermometer, Solar Digital Kit (Fahrenheit)- 3'', Solar Digital Kit (Celsius)- 3''
Customers who viewed this product bought
Heater Controller (110V)
Market price: $99.99, you save $10.00
Still Heater*- 1500W Stainless Steel Cartridge Heater
Market price: $79.99, you save $10.00
15 Gallon Keg Essential Extractor PSII High Capacity Complete Moonshine Still
Market price: $759.00, you save $89.01
Hose Pack for High Capacity
Market price: $159.99, you save $20.00
Essential Extractor Thumper for 15 Gallon Kettle
Market price: $229.99, you save $50.00