A true complete distillation unit that can be used as a moonshine still, alcohol still, essential oil still, and more! The Essential Extractor Pro Series II includes a 2" diameter, 2-piece column that allows you to distill in two different ways, depending on how you configure it. The Essential Extractor Pro Series II utilizes a full-length, 2-piece column that is more than 3' long, for true reflux distillation. And when you want to run it as a pot still, simply connect the top piece of the column directly to your kettle, and you're ready to distill essential oils, moonshine, and more.
Brewhaus' Essential Extractor Pro Series II distiller features solid Stainless Steel construction, using only dairy quality beverage tubing and high grade custom kettle components. We do not use utility pails or dairy milk cans for our kettles, which are not intended for welding or heating.
We also include your choice of either Ceramic Raschig Rings or Copper Mesh column packing, so you can choose the most appropriate type of packing for your desired output.
About the Pro Series' Cooling System:
By placing the cooling lines near the top of the distillation column, reflux is created where it is intended- at the top of the tower. This allows for the most effective use of the column filling by causing the refluxed liquid to flow down through it, resulting in a cleaner distillate. Crossing the cooling lines instead of leaving them parallel results in a much more efficient cooling system, requiring less cooling water while maintaining effectiveness. And, by having the cooling system in direct contact with the rising vapor you achieve a far more efficient and effective cooling than systems that surround a column with a cooling water jacket. The slow heat transfer rate through the thick column wall is much less efficient, and concentrates all of the cooling ability around the outside of the column. The result of jacketed columns is liquid channeling down the walls of the column, while not cooling the majority of the vapor as it is not in contact with the column wall. While such a system may operate faster, it is at the expense of quality. Learn more about the design of this forced reflux still here.
- Runs in reflux mode or pot distillation mode
- 2" in diameter
- More than 3' total height
- Made of dairy grade Stainless Steel beverage tubing
- Can be packed with either copper mesh for distilling alcohol, or ceramic Raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils
- Stainless steel kettle
- 2 piece distillation column for use as a reflux column or pot distillation column
- 2 stainless steel tri-clamps
- 2 EPDM chemical tolerant gaskets
- 1 O-ring for attaching to a standard US beer keg
- Hoses with hose clamps
- Submersible pump
- Water control system
- Your choice of column packing
- Pure tan gum bung
- Your choice of thermometer
- Most customers choose an 8-gallon kettle for this unit. If you're looking at a 15-gallon, also consider the High Capacity Essential Extractor PSII, which features a larger column size.
- To heat this unit, either one band heater or one internal heating element is sufficient.
- For column packing, choose the ceramic raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils, and copper mesh for distilling alcohol.
- If you don't want bung, choose one of the Solar Digitals for your thermometer upgrade (above). It comes with an end cap & 1/2" coupling that the thermometer screws into at the top of the column, so no bung at all!
|Default Coupling Placement|
|# of Couplings||Placement (to center from bottom)|
|8 Gallon||15 Gallon|
|1 Coupling||Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom||Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom|
|2 Couplings||Drain- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom||Drain- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom|
|Heater- Side of kettle, 2" from bottom||Heater- Back of kettle, 5" from bottom|
|3 Couplings||Drain- Side of kettle, 2" from bottom||Drain- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom|
|Heater- Side of kettle, 4" from bottom||Heater- Side of kettle, 5" from bottom|
|Heater- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom||Heater- Rear of kettle, 2" from bottom|
*Most parts are laser welded. For information on the benefits of laser welding click here.