The Essential Extractor High Volume Gin Series is a complete distillation unit that allows you to operate it as a pot/whisky distiller, reflux distiller, moonshine still, or gin still, depending on the configuration that you select. The gin basket enables you to produce gin, flavored vodka, and other flavor-infused spirits or essential oils.
The larger, 3" diameter column allows you to produce the same high-quality distillate in less time than standard 2" diameter columns. This complete still kit comes with everything you need--except for your desired heat source and something to distill. Learn more about the design of this forced reflux still here.
- Runs in gin mode, reflux mode, and pot distillation mode
- 3" in diameter
- More than 4' total height
- Made of dairy grade Stainless Steel beverage tubing
- Can be packed with either copper mesh for beverage-grade alcohol or ceramic Raschig rings for essential oils
- Stainless steel kettle
- 4-piece stainless steel column (gin basket, condenser, dephlegmator, column)
- 4 stainless steel tri-clamps
- 4 EPDM chemical tolerant gaskets
- Hoses with hose clamps
- Submersible pump
- Water control system
- Your choice of column packing
- Pure tan gum bung
- Your choice of thermometer
- To heat this unit with an 8-gallon kettle, either one band heater or one internal heating element is sufficient.
- For a 15-gallon kettle, use either two band heaters or two internal heating elements to bring it to a boil, then just use one to run.
- For column packing, choose the ceramic raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils, and copper mesh for distilling alcohol.
- If you don't want the bung, choose one of the Solar Digitals for your thermometer upgrade (above). It comes with an end cap & 1/2" coupling that the thermometer screws into at the top of the column, so no bung at all!
*Most parts are laser welded. For information on the benefits of laser welding click here.