Our High Capacity Pro Series II unit uses a larger column than our standard Pro Series II unit, with increased cooling capability and an extended condenser to ensure efficient operation with the increased distillate volume. Brewhaus' High Capacity unit is capable of distilling at more than twice the speed of standard 2" distillation units while maintaining exceptionally high purity. Because of the size of this unit, more input heat is required (minimum of 1500W or use of gas heat recommended).
The column for our this unit is the very same that we supply to small-scale distilleries and for use as a laboratory unit in large distilleries. No other increased size column available to the home user has this background! Our Essential Extractor PSII High Capacity Distiller can be used as an alcohol still, moonshine still, essential oil still, and more because it utilizes a 2-piece column that allows you to distill in two different ways, depending on how you configure it. Use the full-length, 2-piece column for reflux distillation, or simply attach the top piece of the column directly to your kettle to run it as a pot still.
About the Pro Series' Cooling System:
Just as with our standard Pro Series II system, the Essential Extractor Pro Series II High Capacity is a reflux distillation unit incorporating our Pro Series Cooling System and a 2-piece column for the greatest versatility. By placing the cooling lines near the top of the distillation column, reflux is created where it is intended- at the top of the tower. This allows for the most effective use of the column filling by causing the refluxed liquid to flow down through it, resulting in a cleaner distillate. Crossing the cooling lines instead of leaving them parallel results in a much more efficient cooling system, requiring less cooling water while maintaining effectiveness. And, by having the cooling system in direct contact with the rising vapor you achieve a far more efficient and effective cooling than systems that surround a column with a cooling water jacket. The slow heat transfer rate through the thick column wall is much less efficient, and concentrates all of the cooling ability around the outside of the column. The result of jacketed columns is liquid channeling down the walls of the column, while not cooling the majority of the vapor as it is not in contact with the column wall. While such a system may operate faster, it is at the expense of quality. Learn more about the design of this forced reflux still here.
- Runs in reflux mode or pot distillation mode
- 3" in diameter, making it capable of distilling at more than twice the speed of standard 2" columns
- Over 4' in total height
- Made of dairy grade Stainless Steel beverage tubing
- Can be packed with either copper mesh for distilling alcohol, or ceramic Raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils
- Stainless steel kettle
- Aluminum diffuser plate (protects bottom of kettle when using burner or hotplate)
- 2-piece, 3" distillation column for use as a reflux column or pot distillation column
- 2 stainless steel tri-clamps
- 2 EPDM chemical tolerant gaskets
- Hoses with hose clamps
- Brass hose fitting
- Submersible pump
- Water control system
- Your choice of column packing
- Pure tan gum bung
- Your choice of thermometer
- To heat this unit with an 8-gallon kettle, either one band heater or one internal heating element is sufficient.
- To heat this unit with a 15-gallon kettle, either two band heaters or two internal heating elements are recommended (or one of each).
- For column packing, choose the ceramic raschig rings for distilling water or essential oils, and copper mesh for distilling alcohol.
- If you don't like the bung, choose one of the Solar Digital thermometers as your thermometer upgrade. This comes with an end cap with 1/2" coupling that the thermometer screws into at the top of the column, getting rid of the bung completely.